YGO Deck Builds

Share | 

Your favourite anime is garbage

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Just_Santay

Aqua Points : 2389

PostSubject: Your favourite anime is garbage   Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:47 pm

If anyone posts an anime here I'll tell them why it's trash, even if it's not!

After my post about why it's gutter trash, I'll give a short line on my real opinion. I'll probably think it's garbage, though. I'm a twat when it comes to anime opinions.
Back to top Go down
SwerveSultan

Aqua Points : 1528

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite anime is garbage   Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:41 pm

Death Note
Back to top Go down
Just_Santay

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite anime is garbage   Sun Aug 02, 2015 5:04 pm

@SwerveSultan wrote:
Death Note

Your Anime Is Trash: THAT ENDING IS SO GARBAGE HOLY SHIT. Death Note really is one of those anime that gets a huge fanbase due to it being a "smart" anime when it really isn't at all. It never really goes deeply into the moral side of killing people, which is something that could have made the anime legitimately smart. It tries so hard to ignore the fact that the main character is actually killing people, people who he's not even certain of doing a crime. There's a fair percentage of people who go into jail who are ultimately innocent, but the show doesn't really give a shit about really addressing that and just moves on. I could go pretty deeply into the problems that Death Note has with voice acting, with the fundamental assumptions about human beings and with the lack of understanding about the obvious moral complexity of thoughtless killing, but it would take years to say fully. Death Note has some real fucking flaws.

Real Opinion: Pretty good, really does have some problems along the story, especially that seriously bad ending. The series as a whole is pretty entertaining, though, if you ignore the flaws and don't try and sell it as a masterpiece, because it really isn't. It does a really good well of forcing you to click on the next episode because each one is sure to bring a new small twist on the story. 

Not as good as the fans make it out to be, but still a very good psychological thriller.
Back to top Go down
Blood Hero

Aqua Points : 984

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite anime is garbage   Sun Aug 02, 2015 5:07 pm

SAO AKA Sword Art Online
Back to top Go down
Trickster314

Aqua Points : 763

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite anime is garbage   Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:02 pm

Code Geass
Back to top Go down
Gin Ichimaru

Aqua Points : 2710

Character sheet
Duelist Fame:
Duelist FameWinsLosesDCs
Arena Duels
Shadow Duels

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite anime is garbage   Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:26 pm

Eureka 7
Back to top Go down
Tidal

Aqua Points : 775

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite anime is garbage   Thu Aug 13, 2015 5:00 am

Naruto
Back to top Go down
Renji Abarai

Aqua Points : 3227

Character sheet
Duelist Fame:
Duelist FameWinsLosesDCs
Arena Duels
Shadow Duels

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite anime is garbage   Sun Mar 13, 2016 6:38 pm

Mirai Nikki
Back to top Go down
Just_Santay

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite anime is garbage   Tue Mar 15, 2016 5:44 pm

Yuya Sakaki wrote:
Eureka 7
Anime is garbage:
Kind of an interesting one. The problem with Eureka 7 is that it's one of those anime that isn't really sure what it wants to be. The way it starts out is a pretty cool anarchy style anime with the whole "down with the system" vibe. It would have been better if this had been the case throughout the whole thing, but it pretty quickly takes a dive into a weird kind of psychological drama which throws off the pace a lot. After that, it takes an even bigger dive into a shitty romance anime by the end. While the change of pace into a psycho drama wasn't great, it was at least watchable, but that fucking romance section nearer to the end is really terrible.

All of these pace changes really hurt the way they tried to bring up the characters. It never really felt like I could get emotionally attached to the characters in the way the series wanted me to because it felt like the show never really knew what it really wanted the characters to be. All of this causes the characters original personalities to fade away, as they turn into seemingly cliche anime tropes.

Real Opinion:
This anime is actually really decent. Everything I said above is true, but not as bad as I made it out. The whole show is basically worth watching for the artwork alone, which helps drag you into the world and immerses you in ways few anime can. A 50 episode anime with this level of artistic design and no filler is really hard to find. 
Pretty good shit.
Back to top Go down
Shinobu Oshino

Aqua Points : 895

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite anime is garbage   Tue Mar 15, 2016 6:04 pm

Monogatari series
Back to top Go down
Just_Santay

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite anime is garbage   Tue Mar 15, 2016 6:06 pm

fierceryukokki wrote:
Mirai Nikki
Shit anime:
I have a lot of gripes with this one, but i'll keep it as short as I can.
As it's said over and over, Mirai Nikki is a shonen anime trying it's best to be a seinen, but it completely lacks the level of maturity and intelligence that it needed to tell the story properly. Loads of questions aren't really answered by the end of the anime, and a lot of the writing feels lazy and predictable, even the small amount of twists the show has are mostly predictable.

Mirai Nikki throws a lot of comedy in during tense times, which is really offputting and ruins the mood on several occasions. This sucks, since the anime is legitimate good at creating an eerie and unnerving atmosphere, but almost all of it is ruined by small things that really kick you back in reality and ruin the immersion.

The worst part BY FAR is the characters. Yuki is legitimately one of the most badly written anime characters I have ever had the displeasure of witnessing. The inconsistency in his writing is really frustrating to watch, and the complete personality shift that happens near the end of the anime is insane and makes simply no sense.

Yuno is written kinda well towards the end of the anime, but up until that, she's basically just a poorly made robot that kills for no real reason and screams yuki's name.

That's literally it for the interesting characters, because every other character in the series (except for akise) is just as poorly written as everything else on the show. Why do all of these characters seem to have access to a large amount of lethal weaponry? Why are they all capable of making explicit and complex plans?

So many bad characters, so many questions completely unanswered. A simply garbage version of a very good anime.

Real Opinion:
I sincerely think Mirai Nikki is absolute garbage. Akise was a very interesting character and carried a few episodes of his own, though. Minene was also a fun character to watch, which is why it sucked watching her turn into a typical tsundere character, and have a completely retarded roll in the final few twists of the plot. The music is pretty good, the art isn't awful, and the sound design is fine. Other than that, I really do think that Mirai Nikki has no real redeemable features.
Back to top Go down
Just_Santay

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite anime is garbage   Tue Mar 15, 2016 6:29 pm

Yuno Gasai wrote:
Monogatari series
Garbage:
The monogatari series feels like an anime that is trying to seem ironic, but really isn't. It's basically just a harem anime, with Araragi somehow getting a bunch of girls to like him while he fights supernatural entities to try and help them with their problems. All of the characters can be placed into one of many common anime tropes (lead girl, sporty girl, tsundere girl, intelligent glasses girl, loli, moe girl, sister(?)) which it tries to hide with it's "intelligent" dialogue. Each backstory is really shallow, and overwhelmed by the show's constant need to keep dialogue flowing, whether it is needed or not.

There's no real story here, either. Each character gets their own episode, and their own problem solved, before it throws them aside and goes onto the next character. 

At times this really feels like they were trying hard to stick to a budget, with almost slideshow animation and a fuckload of freeze frames. Feels like I might as well be reading a coloured manga.

Real Opinion:
Had to keep this short since it's hard to find a lot of problems with this. Monogatari series is a masterpiece.
Back to top Go down
Renji Abarai

Aqua Points : 3227

Character sheet
Duelist Fame:
Duelist FameWinsLosesDCs
Arena Duels
Shadow Duels

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite anime is garbage   Tue Mar 15, 2016 6:31 pm

Rosario and vampire, sorry, Mirai was for a reaction.
Back to top Go down
Denim

Aqua Points : 525

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite anime is garbage   Tue Mar 15, 2016 7:21 pm

Boku No Pico

(I am joking)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite anime is garbage   

Back to top Go down

Your favourite anime is garbage
View previous topic View next topic Back to top